Barrister Chris Ezem was born on the 24th day of December, 1969 in Amibo, Ubakala, Umuahia South L.G.A. of Abia State to the family of late Chief Mathew Anyawu Ezem and Mrs. Christiana Ezem both of Amibo, Ubakala, Umuahia South Local Government Area of Abia State.
He attended St. Lukes Model School Adankolo, Lokoja, Kogi State between 1975 – 1980 for his Primary Education and Crowther Memorial College, Lokoja, Kogi State between 1980 – 1986 for his Secondary Education. He thereafter proceeded to Federal School of Art and Science, Suleja, Niger State from 1986 – 1988 for Higher School Certificate (HSC).
He later attended University of Lagos between 1989-1992 for First Degree where he bagged an LLB. In Law in 1992. He attended Nigerian Law School between 1992 and 1993 where he obtained his BL Certificate and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1993. Barrister Chris Ezem had his 1 year compulsory youth service in Lagos between 1993 – 1994 with the Federal Ministry of Justice and immediately joined the law firm of P.G.U Madu & Associates from 1994 – 1996 from where he proceeded to set up his own private practice Ezem Chris and Associates, a firm of Legal Practitioners in 1996.
His love for Education made him return to University of Lagos between 1997 – 1998 for his Masters program in Law (LLM). He currently holds a Masters Degree in Law and he is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association. He is the Principal Partner of Ezem Chris & Associates a firm of Legal Practitioners based in Lagos with a Team of Lawyers. Barrister Chris Ezem apart from his Legal Practice has been an active player in Politics.
He is a card carrying Member of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and a major stakeholder in the party in Umuahia South Local Government and Abia State in general. He has held the following Political Offices:
- Special Assistant on Political Affairs to His Excellency Governor T.A. Orji – 2010 – 2011.
- Member Governing Council, Abia State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology Aba – 2011 – 2014.
- Chairman Governing Council, Abia State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology Aba – 2015 – 2018.
- He was the Transition Chairman Umuahia South Local Government Area, Abia State, from 14th February 2019 to 28th May 2019.
- Recently, on the 6th day of June 2019, he was appointed Secretary to the Government of Abia State, a position he occupies till date.
Chris Ezem is an active member of Ubakala Improvement Union and a community activist. He takes active part in community development particularly, Youth Empowerment and support for the widows and less privileged. He is a Christian and of the Anglican Faith. His hobbies include Reading, Writing, Music, Community Development and Travelling. Barrister Chris Ezem is widely travelled and married to Chioma Ezem and the marriage is blessed with children.