We thank workers of Abia State for their positive contributions to the success so far recorded by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu’s administration.
In the spirit of Transparency and in furtherance of the need to truthfully inform our people at all times, permit me to state as follows.
2. All Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) received November 2017 salary payments with at least 6 MDAs receiving December 2017 payment before the close of business on Friday 22/12/17.
3. The relevant banks received necessary documentations for the payment of December Salaries to the outstanding MDAs but couldn’t complete the process before the close of business on Friday 22/12/17.
4. Teachers were expected to have been paid, alongside others, but necessary documentations were completed late on 22/12/17.
5. We therefore expect teachers and pensioners to receive salary payment bank alerts on Wednesday 27/12/17 alongside other MDAs that are yet to receive December 2017 salaries. Further payments will be made to teachers and pensioners as we commence the disbursement of the 3rd tranche of Paris Club Refunds.
6. We sincerely apologize for the inability to complete the necessary payment processes as instructed by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and wish to assure Abia workers that everything will be done to ensure they are paid on the stated dates.
7. Meanwhile, Local Governments in the state received necessary funds to pay workers on Thursday 21/12/17 and we are monitoring the payment situation at the 3rd tier of Government.
8. A full brief on the status of compliance with the Governor’s instruction on salary payments will be issued on Thursday 28/12/17.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner For Information