Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State, Wednesday, swore in 24 new commissioners, thus bringing the total number of members of the state Executive Council to 26.
The State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Uche Ihediwa; and his Information counterpart , Chief John Okiyi Kalu, had since been sworn in.
Swearing in the new Commissioners, Ikpeazu charged them to live up to expectations, saying his administration is in a hurry to deliver on his mandate.
Ikpeazu who said he had zero tolerance for indolence and corruption warned the new appointees against sharp practices.
The Governor also told them not to look for excuses to fail but come up with new ideas to move their Ministries forward.
He said that they must perform whether or not they were provided with logistics.
According to the Governor, the appointees were chosen based on their track records, hence they must not betray the trust reposed in them
COMMISSIONERS AND THEIR PORTFOLIOS
1. Chief Chimaobi Ebisike – Special Duties
2) Professor Ikechi Mgbeoji – Agriculture
3. Chief John J. Okoro – Joint Projects
4. Lady Loveth Uwaoma – Culture and Tourism
5. Dr Cosmos Ndukwe – Trade and Commerce
6. Chief Ugbaja T. Odionyemfe – Housing
7. Mr. Onyema Wachuku – SME Development
8. Sir G. C. Onyendilefu Local Govt and Chieftaincy
9. Chief Emeka Ikwuagwu – Youth and Sports Development
10. Barr. Bob Chiedozie Ogu – Works
11. Hon. D. K Uduma – Budget and Planning
12. Chief Ekele Nwaohanmuo – Transport
13. Chief Mrs Ukachi Amala – Women Affairs
14. Prince Ezekwesiri Ananaba – Cooperatives
15. Dr Solomon Ogunji Environment
16. Chief Ikpechukwu Onuoha – Petroleum
17. Prince Dan Okoli – Homeland Security
18. Alh. Suleiman Ukandu – Lands
19. Dr Aham Uko Finance
20. Hon. Chijioke Madumere – Science and Technology
21. Dr K. C. K Nwangwa Education
22. Chief Mrs. Uwaoma Olenwengwa – Industry
23. Dr Joe Osuji – Health
24. Engr. Emma Nwabuko – Public Utilities